Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Poor, pitiful Pearl!

I'm going to do some preemptive whining, so I'll be able to just grit my teeth and get through the next few days. I hate heat! And when I say heat, I mean anything over 80 degrees F. So, you can just skip this post, and go on about your daily life.

Heat makes me cranky and lethargic. I suffer agonies over the garden and the wildlife. Heck, I even put out water for the bees! And it's supposed to get really hot. Well, ok; not hot like it's been in Chicago and New York. We don't have that humidity problem, but it's going to be really hot - like, over 100, ok? All I want to do is lie on the cool floor and drink beer. I always envied the dog, who could wrap herself around the chilly porcelain of the toilet.

I love it that Spring can last clear through June and that we can't count on summer weather until after the Fourth of July. If it's 65 and overcast, I'm one happy chica, because it's really the SUN I don't like; the heat is just an unpleasant side-effect of too much sun. So much for astrology . . . I'm supposed to be a Leo, for Pete's sake!

Shhhhhh! There's a California quail at the water dish! I'd take a picture, but Mrs. Stupid left the camera . . . outside! Oh, well, maybe the quail will take some pictures.

OK, that cheered me up a lot. I'm going out to set up the teeny-tiny hose with the misting nozzle to give the critters a mini-spa.

No comments: