Saturday, May 05, 2007

I think it will take more than 12 steps

I'm restless, distracted, moody... I reach for the phone every 10 minutes. If I don't get help I'll soon be dressing the cats.

Do I miss my grandson and want to be around him all the time? You bet I do. But he's being mothered and fathered most tenderly. Although it conjures unfortunate strains of "McArthur Park", we grandparents can only be the icing on a grandchild's cake - delightful in modest amounts.

No, it's the mothering I'm missing - taking care of the new mother and father as they find their way to being a family. They will certainly be fine without me around; it's my need I'm speaking of, not theirs.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I knew you'd be back sometime...I checked here several times but found no baby story updates. Now I can't get your stuff from U TUBE because I have to download something...

Maybe I will just do that. I love your writing...the duckling-domino story...the garden/plants!

love, Robbie