Monday, September 22, 2008

In balance? Or teetering on the brink...

Happy autumnal equinox, everyone.

Astronomy Photo of the Day

Depending on your outlook, you may see that as delightful or ominous. For glass-half-full folks, it's the best of both worlds - warm days and cool nights, gardens still bearing and sheds full of firewood, the landscape mellowing into the richest palette of the year.

I try to be both the ant and the grasshopper: I make sure the shelves glow with jars of peaches; bags of tomatoes jazz up the freezer; and I see there are raspberries enough for a batch of jam, BUT I spend a good hour lying in the shade of the redwood, snuggling with a couple of purring cats, watching birds and animals in the amusement park that is our woodlot.

I like to think it's a matter of achieving balance in all things, but I know I'm just lazy and happy.

No comments: