Saturday, April 05, 2008

No more grousing

A long time ago, we had a fellow put in a new door and some windows and a few other odd bits. Generally, it was fine, sound work, but the trim he did just looked completely wrong to me. Since it didn't bother Bill, and there was plenty of other stuff going on, I've just groused about it all this time.

Today, in preparation for repainting the living room, we bought the trim that had to be replaced after the flooring went down. Bill put up it up around the door this afternoon, and suddenly, I'm at peace! Oh, the floor still needs sanding and sealing and the room has to be painted . . . but it looks right to me now. I know it was really a little thing, but it sure makes a big difference to me.

I wonder what I'll start grumbling about next?

No comments: